Thursday, July 8, 2010

Painting can be so relaxing...

So this week has been a little stressful on me....
It started at the end of last week when I had to pack up my oldest child (11 yr. old) to go on his first week LONG summer camping trip with his boy scout group! Then I had to LET HIM GO!!!! BY HIMSELF!!!! This is the first for us so it was very hard on me and my 2nd child (8 yr. old)! So when the kids started painting I sat down to paint too and boy was it relaxing to just sit and paint with them!!!

So if you are feeling stressed think about painting with your kids or coloring, doodling, sketching, drawling.... or what ever it was you did as a kid that kept you calm and happy!!!! I may have to whip out my old coloring books (yes I still have a few from my childhood somewhere) to keep my mind off of the unknown of what my child is doing at camp right now, is he ok, is he eating, is he miserable or having fun?!?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment